Self-energy healing Energies: Constricting and Expanding
Have you ever encountered a wave of energy that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up? Or left a conversation with someone feeling energized? Sensing energy is part of our human experience. When we notice the energy in and around us, we are aware what expands us and what contracts us. This gives us choice to reduce or eliminate circumstances that deplete or constrict our energy, and spend more time and attention with people and in places and activities that expand our energy. Both of these choices, decreasing constricting energy and increasing expanding energy, contribute to continuously moving us towards everyday alignment with our most authentic selves personally, interpersonally and professionally.
Techniques for Self-energy healing Energies
Energetic alliance with expanding energy is energy healing. It keeps our mind, body, emotions and subtle bodies in balance and harmony, and opens us to the higher resonance and frequencies available in the interconnected web of all that is we call consciousness. There are a number of energetic energy healing techniques that can provide assistance in clearing dense or stuck energy and enhance or replenish life force energy. Some include Reiki, Therapeutic Touch, Frequencies of Brilliance, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Chiropractic, massage, Shiatsu, breath work, Emotional Freedom Technique, reflexology, Traditional Chinese Medicine and ayurvedic medicine.
During transformational coaching sessions with my clients, we utilize energy healing energy as well. We often practice guided imagery to ground, balance and relax our mind-body-heart by connecting with the supporting and nourishing energy of the earth, our higher selves, and spirit. These energies flow through us and the sacred container of space and time we create. This energy supports us as we explore, expose and unblock limiting beliefs, self-talk, patterns, fears, and constrictions. The same flow also cultivates insights, intuition, passion, wisdom, gifts, strengths and expansion.
You can utilize these techniques in your own practice of self-energy healing and reflection.
- Rest your attention on your breath.
- Relax your body from head to toe.
- Feel your heart, maybe by remembering someone you are grateful is in your life.
- Feel the energy of the earth rise in your body through the base of your spine, your hands, and feet and out the top of your head. Imagine the top of your head opens to the energy of your higher self and spirit. Feel the energy descending through your body and into the earth. I often see these energy paths as parallel strands similar to the configuration of DNA in a helix.
- In this condition of flowing life force energy, bring a question you would like clarity on into your awareness. What does the solution feel like? What pictures arise? What words arise? Is there any fear or tightness around the issue? What expands the possibilities for a creative solution to reveal itself?
- In this energetic state of balance and harmony with All That Is, feel your body-mind-heart. Are there any tight or painful areas? Are there places that are aching to expand, express or create? With your attention, direct this energy healing energy to soften, relax and open these spaces.
As your capacity and sensitivity to feel self-energy healing energies in and around you grows, notice the energy in your daily life. What depletes or nourishes you as you are making decisions, engaging in the relationship, finding work-life balance, managing stress and contributing to the world at home, at work, and in your community? Investing time, attention and awareness in decreasing constricting energy and increasing expanding energy in your life is a gift to yourself, and you are worth it!
You may also like my blog post Are You Cultivating Your Growth and Development?
You may also like to check out my Resources page.